Skip to main content

Your Superb Online Presence is the Success Mantra for your Business (Online).

It is very important for your business 2 have a stronger web presence. And when you have a website, it should look more professional to win the trust and confidence of your website's visitors.

Your website's visitors are your potential customer. They visit many websites regularly, or from time to time. So, they have a general idea and have built a subtle subconscious sense of a website from where they might be interested in buying products or services.

So, how would you determine whether your website generates that confidence in your website's visitors/potential customer?

Well, if you have competitors(You are gifted if you dont' have one) then visit your successful competitor's websites. Then visit your own site. When you are at your own site, think differently... think out of the box... and unbiasedly ask yourself - Does your website generate much interest/confidence in you( as a stranger visiting the website for the first time) to buy products or services from the website?

If your analysis is unbiased, you would be surprised to know that your answer is NO(Except for few - there are always exceptions - those who have really put an effort to make a dashing online presence and added another viewpoint to their brick and mortar shop).

Only having information, or some pictures wont make your website popular. You should analyse the psyche of your customers(ahem.... beg your pardon... it should be Online Customers) to win them over. In brick and mortar establishments, you are fortunate enough to see/meet your customers in person. Online.... you are in dark... you are blind... you cannot possibly know what your website's visitor looks like, what might be his/her preferences... what he or she might be thinking before leaving your website for surfing another website.

This mental exercise is going to win online customers. Fortunately there are various ways(Some work... some dont).

The secret is - Yes your online visitors are not robots... they are human. They are more like you and me. Though, their thinking, behaviour, choises, and culture might be a bit different, as your website(I mean your online business) have far and wide reach than your physical establishment. So, try to wear their shoes, and add more glamor, information, confidence and trust to your website to woo them and let your pockets jingle(Oh! I forgot now a days... plastic works... people dont keep change anymore.)

Let me know if you need more information. I hope, you know where to find me. Visit - Adore Foundation. Or shoot me a mail @ mail@adorefoundation.com

Regards,
Pooja Kumari for Adore Foundation an IT Company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Installing Oracle 9i on RHEL5. (x86)

I must warn you that this article is as it is. It worked when I was installing the combo - a long time ago. I am not sure about the links available in this article. I am not maintaining this article anymore, (other than sprucing it up a bit for better reading). I am completely out of touch with RHEL or Oracle for that matter. Still, dont lose your heart yet. I am sure, with proper searching using the big brother - Google, you will find lots of more information relating to your work to help you finish what you are doing. Foreword Recently I joined Sqlstar International for my Oracle DBA course. Everything was going smooth. I completed my SQL Fundamentals with Oracle installed on Windows in my pc. But when classes started for DBA Fundamentals 1 I was at loss, as in my institute oracle was installed on Redhat Linux platform. I could have done all the solution of the text on windows but I decided to configure my own Linux box and install oracle on it to simulate the class environment.

Datatables and Wordpress Integration problem solved.

Note: Download a working demo plugin from this project's github repository . Like other wordpress developers, I had also faced the problem of integrating datatable (server side processing) with wordpress. I tried every tips, tricks and multiple ways to solve the problem, but couldn't do it. My ajaxified functions of the wordpress simple dint work. I din't have much time and had to finish a small project on time. So, I decided to skip it and go through the developer's way : the plugin developer had suggested and implemented. I dropped the required php file with some related modifications and called the url of the php file in the datatable options in my project. It worked after few small hiccups. I wasn't satisfied though, as i wanted the wordpress centric solution, instead of using some drop-in file to complement the functionality. I had vowed to look after this problem whenever I could get some time. (You may visit the url http://www.bearinghouse.net/orde

Web Development Dilemma - Part 2

Recently, I got a Job to build an ERP Application (More like Accounting Package with CRM). I started planning for the Application. I had some experience with Tally.ERP 9 and knew a bit about Accounting too. Once again I chose Wordpress Platform for the application development, as I was more comfortable with it. Application was to have multiple advanced features along with some of smart automated data sensing and processing, and selective data push (Semi-Automated) to Tally for Accounting Purpose. The application was to run in a LAN Environment and was connected with the Customer's Website to retrieve Customer Order submitted on the website (Customized Shopping Cart) for further processing.  I could develop fast in Wordpress, I was familiar with the system and environment. But due to multiple distractions, and tedious job (I hadn't anticipated lengthy coding and timing involved), the project had to be scrapped by the customer. The customer was gracious enough to forgive me